Join a Policy Work Group for this Committee
Interested in what this committee does or have relevant subject matter expertise? Join one of our Policy Work Groups today.
House of Delegates Committee on Privileges and Elections
The Privileges and Elections Committee deals with policy issues affecting elections, constitutional amendments, and the privileges of appointed and elected officials. Delegate Glass serves on this committee.
Committee Chair: Delegate Margaret Ransone
Committee Members: Ransone (Chair), O'Quinn (Vice Chair), Adams, L.R., Leftwich, Head, McGuire, Bloxom, Williams, Taylor, Scott, P.A., Greenhalgh, Wachsmann, Sickles, VanValkenburg, Convirs-Fowler, Krizek, Adams, D.M., Reid, Simonds, Mundon King, Maldonado, Glass
The following legislation has been reported out of the House Privileges and Elections Committee for 2022.
- HB 34 Absentee voting; return of absentee ballots, drop-off locations.
- HB 39 Absentee voting in person; available beginning on the fourteenth day prior to election.
- HB 46 Voter identification; identification containing a photograph required.
- HB 55 Voter registration; list of decedent transmitted by St. Reg. of Vital Records to Dept. of Elections.
- HB 68 Voter registration; presumption of domicile, members of a uniformed service and others.
- HB 76 Absentee voting; reimbursement of costs to counties and cities for cost of conducting.
- HB 86 Campaign finance; disclosure reports, searchable electronic database.
- HB 125 Elections; political campaign advertisements, illegal negative ads, civil penalties.
- HB 175 Absentee voting; annual absentee voter list, applications for ballots.
- HB 177 Absentee voting; witness requirement for absentee ballots.
- HB 185 Voter registration; registration permitted up to and including the day of the election.
- HB 195 Polling places; location requirements, waiver in certain circumstances.
- HB 196 Absentee voting; permanent absentee voter list repealed.
- HB 205 Election officials, state and local; acceptance of certain gifts and funding prohibited.
- HB 305 Elections; appointment of Commissioner of Elections, membership of Board, effective date.
- HB 439 Absentee ballots; information on proposed constitutional amendments and referenda.
- HB 492 Campaign finance; record retention requirements and reviews of campaign finance disclosure reports.
- HB 528 Absentee voting; unsolicited absentee ballot applications, required information.
- HB 542 Elections administration; reclassification of assistant registrars.
- HB 544 Voter identification; optional restrictive identification requirement.
- HB 895 Elections; local electoral boards & general registrars to perform certain risk-limiting audits, etc.
- HB 927 Absentee voting; ballots to be sorted and results to be reported by precinct.
- HB 956 Absentee voting; deadline for returning absentee ballot.
- HB 1082 Elections; time of certain local elections.
- HB 1090 Voter identification; identification containing a photograph required.
- HB 1102 Gubernatorial appointments to boards; membership and terms.
- HB 1140 Voter registration; cancellation of registration, notice requirement.