Join a Policy Work Group for this Committee
Interested in what this committee does or have relevant subject matter expertise? Join one of our Policy Work Groups today.
House of Delegates Committee on Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources
The Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee deals with policy issues affecting farming, hunting, wildlife management, natural resources, and the Chesapeake Bay.
Committee Chair: Delegate R. Lee Ware
Committee Members: Ware (Chair), Marshall (Vice Chair), Wright, Orrock, Edmunds, Wilt, Webert, Ransone, Fariss, Bloxom, Fowler, Runion, Plum, Bulova, Lopez, Gooditis, Tran, Helmer, Simonds, Willett, Williams Graves, Filler-Corn
The following bills have been reported out of the House Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee for 2022.
- HB 5 Flood Relief Fund; established.
- HB 28 Maury River; extends portion previously designated as scenic river by an additional 23.2 miles.
- HB 49 James River; designates an additional portion as a component of Va. Scenic Rivers System.
- HB 53 Animal care; zoos and petting zoos, seizure of animals.
- HB 65 Live nutria; prohibition against sale, etc., does not apply to Dept. of Wildlife Resources, etc.
- HB 120 Disabled veterans, certain; special hunting and fishing licenses.
- HB 140 Historical African American cemeteries; changes date of establishment for qualification of funds.
- HB 141 Virginia Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Historic Preservation Fund; created.
- HB 184 Virginia Stormwater Management Programs; regional industrial facility authorities.
- HB 189 Aquaculture; right to use and occupy the ground for the terms of a lease in Chesapeake Bay waters.
- HB 206 Small renewable energy projects; impact on natural resources, report.
- HB 314 Noxious weeds and invasive plants; dissemination of consumer information.
- HB 323 Local Food and Farming Infrastructure Grant Program; increases grant for certain projects.
- HB 351 Driving Decarbonization Program and Fund; created.
- HB 463 Boat ramps; removes authorization for Department of Wildlife Resources to charge a fee for use.
- HB 508 “Green Book”; historic site designation.
- HB 516 Flood resiliency & protection; implements recom. from first Va. Coastal Resilience Master Plan.
- HB 523 Pet shops; notice of deceased animals.
- HB 562 Conservation and natural resources; sections not set out, technical revisions.
- HB 666 State park fees; active duty military and veterans.
- HB 727 Historical African American cemeteries; disbursement of funds, qualified organization.
- HB 771 Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area information; local gov’t in Tidewater Va. shall publish on website.
- HB 828 Dairy Producer Margin Coverage Premium Assistance Program; expands eligibility for participation.
- HB 830 Slaughter and meat-processing facilities; expanding facilities through strategic planning, etc.
- HB 831 Digestate; definition, definition of anaerobic digestion.
- HB 837 Food and drink law; permitting requirements.
- HB 847 Virginia Resiliency Authority; established, definitions, report.
- HB 850 Lyme disease; signage in state parks, instructional resources and materials.
- HB 947 Virginia Resources Authority; short-term loans.
- HB 1035 State parks; free entry for veterans.
- HB 1067 Enhanced Nutrient Removal Certainty Program; Fredericksburg waste water treatment facility.
- HB 1112 Fishing licenses; resident may purchase a license that is valid for multiple years.
- HB 1223 Shenandoah River; scenic river designation.
- HB 1224 Stormwater management; proprietary best management practices.
- HB 1225 Energy performance-based contracts; roof replacement.
- HB 1249 Food donations; labeling, liability.
- HB 1261 State environmental boards; appointment of members to various Boards.
- HB 1266 Tribal Outreach Liaison; Department of Historic Resources to appoint.
- HB 1267 Low-emissions and zero-emissions vehicle standards; regulations shall be withdrawn and reproposed.
- HB 1273 Hunting with dogs; dogs to wear tags.
- HB 1278 Wildlife Resources, Board of; conveyance of certain property.
- HB 1297 Comprehensive water supply; planning process.
- HB 1301 Clean Energy and Community Flood Preparedness Act; repeals Act.
- HB 1309 Resilient Virginia Revolving Loan Fund; created.
- HB 1317 Statewide urban and community forest management plan; Department of Forestry to develop.
- HB 1322 Living shorelines; modifies definition to include “other structural and organic materials.”
- HB 1330 Companion animals; duty to identify submitted animal, microchip.
- HB 1331 Hunting dogs, falcons, hawks, or owls; retrieving on posted lands.
- HB 1344 Hunters, certain; right to go on lands of another.
- HB 1350 Dealers; prohibits sale of dogs or cats for experimental purposes.