Office of the Chief Medical Examiner; surplus payroll funds.
Directs the Chief Medical Examiner to pay into a special fund any amount of surplus payroll funds that will remain unspent at the end of each quarter of each fiscal year. The bill defines "surplus payroll funds" as payroll funds appropriated to the office for salaries and compensation that at the end of each quarter of each fiscal year will remain unspent due to personnel vacancies. Such funds are to be deposited in the Medical Examiner Compensation Fund (the Fund), created by the bill, to be used to make technological upgrades or provide temporary pay, recruitment or retention bonuses, or overtime pay to Office personnel. The bill requires the Chief Medical Examiner to establish a written policy for making disbursements from the Fund and for the State Health Commissioner to approve the policy.
- 01/10/23 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/23 23102664D
- 01/10/23 House: Referred to Committee on Health, Welfare and Institutions
- 01/19/23 House: Assigned HWI sub: Subcommittee #2
- 01/26/23 House: Subcommittee recommends reporting (7-Y 1-N)
- 01/26/23 House: Subcommittee recommends referring to Committee on Appropriations
- 01/31/23 House: Reported from Health, Welfare and Institutions (18-Y 3-N)
- 01/31/23 House: Referred to Committee on Appropriations
- 01/31/23 House: Assigned App. sub: Compensation and Retirement
- 02/01/23 House: Subcommittee recommends laying on the table (6-Y 1-N)
Link to Official Bill Page