Protect Virginia Grant Fund and Program created.
Establishes the Protect Virginia Grant Fund and Program, to be administered by the Department of Criminal Justice Services, to award grants to establishments licensed by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority for the purpose of providing adequate security for such licensed establishments. The bill provides that prior to the close of each fiscal year, the Director of the Department shall determine whether there are any surplus payroll funds and deposit 10 percent of such funds into the Fund. Surplus payroll funds are defined in the bill as moneys that appropriated to the agencies within the Secretariat of Public Safety and Homeland Security in a fiscal year for the purpose of providing salaries and other compensation to employees of such agencies that will remain unspent due to staffing shortages or the inability to find qualified personnel.
- 01/10/23 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/23 23102667D
- 01/10/23 House: Referred to Committee on General Laws
- 01/23/23 House: Assigned GL sub: Subcommittee #3
- 01/24/23 House: Subcommittee recommends reporting (7-Y 1-N)
- 01/24/23 House: Subcommittee recommends referring to Committee on Appropriations
- 01/26/23 House: Reported from General Laws (22-Y 0-N)
- 01/26/23 House: Referred to Committee on Appropriations
- 01/27/23 House: Assigned App. sub: Transportation & Public Safety
- 01/30/23 House: Subcommittee recommends laying on the table (5-Y 3-N)
Link to Official Bill Page